Sunday, May 12, 2013

My dad's fiancé's 21 year old son died yesterday in his sleep.

My dad was crying and freaking out then hopped a flight to see how his fiancé was doing.

My mom was shocked and feeling horrible.

I honestly don't get that, and I know I'm a terrible person for it.

When people die and I don't know them well, I feel nothing and it's like oh well, c'est la vie.

I'm not quiet sure what I'm supposed to feel and I definitely don't know what I should say, or act in these sorts of situations.

Not being able to relate to people, and feel for them troubles me, will this make me a terrible psychologist?

Also, is it semi-normal for a person to not feel like this? Because everyone else around me is always crazy emotional.

Whenever someone dies, or there's been a shooting somewhere in the world, or anything of the sort, it stirs emotions in people.

And within me it stirs nothing.

-Mint.

2 comments:

  1. I find that I feel very little if anything at all in those situations too. Although I may not be considered normal, I can tell you that you are at least not the only person to experience the lack of emotion. It may be because of a lack of emotion in general for life, it may just be that you are calmer and more accepting. I really have no idea, but don't worry you aren't alone.
    -Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blank too. When my grandma died (I thought i was very very close to her too) I felt nothing. I made my excuses and acted as sad as I could but I was as blank as paper. I blamed it on being in the throws of anorexia at the time but in periods of recovery I am still the same emotional mollusc. You're not alone.
    my blog about such issues : katiejess.blogspot.com, please follow xxxx

    ReplyDelete