Monday, August 4, 2014

God I'm so crazy, baby, I'm sorry that I'm misbehaving...

I almost ran over a child today.

I got gas and was leaving the pump, going slow but accelerating as one does.

This child was running, and accelerating as one does.

He was in my blind spot.

We both stopped at the exact same time. He was right beside my window when we froze in time.

It was so scary, I felt so bad.

It was the first time that I realized that life comes with the promise of death.

It was an odd thought, an odd feeling.

I live in a bubble filled with only thoughts about myself. I don't understand when people think of me or care about me.

But when this event happened. I stopped and thought, and worried.

Is this how others view life? Am I absent from this area of life?

Of course I care about people, and think about people that mean a lot to me, but normally people I don't know personally, I don't give a fuck about. I don't think about their lives, theirs faults, ambitions, dreams, past, present, future…

But this little boy, I saw for a total of two minutes…

I cared and worried and wondered.

I thought about life, about death.

Is this how others live life?

- Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment