Thursday, February 9, 2017

I want to be part of something.

The worst part about being lonely in this current day and age is that most people who are alone IRL aren't alone online.

Loners find their community, their group, and their people online! So that, even though they may be lonely in real life, they have people who love and support them via the internet.

But with me, I feel too afraid to even reach out through a screen. I'm wearing a mask yet I feel too exposed.

I think maybe because everyone has become so passionate about their own opinions and causes. Everything is right, and everything is wrong and if you wander down the wrong street and you're from the wrong circle, you're going to know it. You're going to be beat out so quickly, so forcefully, you're going to be sorry you ever even thought your thought.

Now I know not everyone is like this. Obviously.

But with my head as sick as it is, and my feelings so used to being hurt, I stay away.

I used to be in a community during 2011/2012. But I feel detached now.

A) Because I stopped participating

B) Because my thoughts and priorities have changed; my life no longer revolves completely around food and the scale. Yes, food is still something I struggle with, something that keeps me up at night on bad days; but it's not in control of my mind.

Now the themes of this blog seem to be centered around: my everyday struggles, questions about the world, and self-discovery.

I like sharing my story for myself and for others to read. I want people to learn while I learn, to not do the same mistakes, and to know that they're not alone. I like sharing positivity when I have it, silly stories about inner dialogues, poems on occasion, and epiphanies/mini essays.

I like sharing those things, but I also like reading others' musings. I like readings poems and thoughts and essays and dialogues and epiphanies just as much as I enjoy writing them.

So here is my plan. I've made a tumblr that is going to be linked to this blog. Let it be noted that tumblr will only be used for short text posts, and reblogging pictures/quotes/other posts the I enjoy; I will still be writing all these long winded thoughts here!

I'm going to work on making posts more regularly (at least once a week I'm thinking), and start trying to find similar blogs to follow/become friends with.

So, hopefully this works, and hopefully it's fun...

I'm sick of being so lonely!! TALK TO MEEEEEE! I won't bite I swear!

♥︎,

Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment