Friday, September 6, 2013

Miss Independent (apparently).

Todaaaaaaay, was interesting.

I skipped the first class of my 300 level French course.

I arrived on campus just as class was starting and we all know what happened yesterday when I was late, so I decided against repeating my mistakes.

Instead I went to my study spot that I founded back in 2012, and studied, waiting until 3:30 for when I was supposed to go for coffee (supposed to)*.

I didn't get much done but I accomplished something so that's good!

At 1, I decided to go wait in line for an hour at the book store to pick up the text books that I ordered online, and also the French book I needed to buy.

Then (because I had a big ass box of books), I decided to go to my car to drop them off. Once I actually got to my car I decided that I should check them out, because I legitimately forgot that I was taking psych courses, so I suddenly got SUPER EXCITED.

I ended up chilling in my car for like half an hour; It was nice and quiet in the parking lot, and there was a nice breeze too! I called up Pumpkin, and talked to her for a bit, and then went back to my study nook.

When I was studying I got a phone call from the clothing store asking if I could come to my interview an hour earlier, and of course I said that it would be fine! But then it meant that I could only be at the sorority event for 25 minutes, ughhhhh.

Roomie and I ended up going together, and we went earlier too so that means that I got to meet the sorority girls one on one, and got to help set the table up so I think I earned points there! By the time everyone arrived though and we got sorted into groups, I only had like 10 minutes to "meet and greet" so it was pretty lame :/ But I met one girl and she added me on facebook and one of the sorority girls added me tooooo so that's good!

Anyway, I excused myself when it was time and ran off to my interview. I called the store to say I might be late, but I was right on time!! AND GUESS WHAT ELSE, I GOT THE JOBBBB

FIRST DAY IS ON MONDAY, WOOP WOOP!! I'll be working cash as well as on the floor SO I ACTUALLY GET TO DRESS PEOPLE AND STUFF AND I'M SUPER EXCITED!

After I left the store I had to go through Sports Chek to get to my car, and then all of a sudden I was shopping and trying on clothes BY MYSELF AND THAT'S REALLY WEIRD FOR ME. I'm super dependent normally and wouldn't even dare to stop and look at clothes, let alone BUY clothes.

So yeah, now I have work out clothes so I can hike with roomie, or go to that dance/yoga studio she goes to!

This year is already soooo much better than first year! I hope things keep going like this!

Oh, and J.R has been talking to me on fb like all day and somehow we're planning movie marathons? I don't know if Jerk will be there for these too... I hope he is because I'm really not interested in J.R. Like, he's really hot and really nice and everything, but I feel like he's too good and, caring you know? I don't know, why would I even be thinking about this, he's probably just down for being friends! Which is what I'm down for too!

On another note, ugh, I miss the boy from France! Our conversations get longer and longer, but that means he needs more time to translate them and to reply to them! And work is really busy for him this month (working 16-18 hour days) so we haven't been able to talk much, and AHHHH I MISS HIM, AND AHHHHH I GET ADDICTED TOO EASILY.

P.s food intake is about 260 a day and I'm actually moving everyday up and down hills and stairs so I'm happy with that!

- Mint

* awe my friend who ditched me for coffee just texted me saying that her parents kidnapped her all of today and we're rescheduling for tomorrow! This day really was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment