Sunday, November 3, 2013

I think I'm a good thinker.

I've decided that I'm in love with writing.

I love it, and I crave it and if I don't get to write frequently, it eventually just bubbles out into pages and pages of words and thoughts.

It's like singing to me now.

I remember in first year, I didn't sing for like a month because I knew that everyone living around me would be able to hear me.

But then one day I couldn't handle it anymore and I swear I sung for a week straight.

I need these things that badly.

My soul is addicted.

I decided to not drop out. But to take school veryyyyyyy slowlyyyyyyyyy.

Mostly because I thought of a killer research thingy that I could do for my masters or something:

   The other day my friend told me that he was taking a course that's all about time, and I laughed and asked what he learnt about in that class because I don't even think time exists. Puzzled, he asked why I didn't think time exists and I replied explaining how I feel like everything just cycles in a big circle (which has no beginning or end) like the big timekeeper itself (the clock). He thought I was crazy and explained how, no, time DOES exist and then explained how all of my cycle examples aren't actually cycles. 
    I said that I thought I was looking at it with a big picture perspective, and that he was looking at it with a detailed perspective. He said that, no, he was looking at it with science. Which was correct. I asked him why he was so close-minded and wondered what it would be like to discuss religion with him. He said that religion was different because I could believe what I believe and he could believe what he believes.
It's really hilarious because what we were discussing truly was religion. Not the classic, "I believe in this god" religion, but abstract religion for sure. I thought something and he thought something else. Really, neither can prove that the other is correct, or wrong. Because in reality, science doesn't know everything.

There is no way to tell that what we know is true. Sure, studies can show that we might be pretty close, or right... until it's proven wrong.

Just THINK about the universe, and how big it is. HOW DO WE KNOW THAT SHIT ISN'T ALL DIFFERENT SOMEWHERE ELSE? HOW DO WE KNOW THAT EVERYTHING WE KNOW NOW ISN'T JUST A HUGE CYCLE? HOW. DO. WE. KNOW.

So, since we don't know, this whole time existing, time not existing thing is really religion. Is there a god? Is there not a god?

But because it's not labeled in conversation as religion, people's true opinions aren't censored by political correctiveness. When labels dissipate, we can really see a person's core beliefs.

So as my master's or doctorate experiment/research thingy, I really want to explore this more to see how /if our society has really progressed as a whole. Do we really believe in equality and all that jazz? Or do we believe in it just because we are told to?

And since this is a social psychology experiment, I'm hoping to work with my most favourite professor ever! Paul Davies. He's super interesting and really hyped on coffee all the time so I think he'd be a good professor to get close to if I want to continue my degree. Which, right now anyway, I want to do. BECAUSE MY IDEA REALLY SOUNDS INTERESTING.

Anyway, I'm fat and that needs to be fixed.
And I'm also debating whether or not I should try to go vegan again.
I don't know.
I don't know anything!

- Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment