Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Squash is amazing.

Sooo, I discovered spaghetti squash yesterday!

30 calories per cup of spaghetti squash, which is basically noodles in disguise. It's amazing. And odd, and I love it.

I think that reading Perks just made me super emotional. It felt like everything was crumbling. Charlie did nothing wrong, yet he still got shit on. He tried to look past everything but it caught up with him anyway. People left, and memories returned.

If someone as amazing as Charlie can have all this shit happen to him, what's the hope for the rest of us?

I suppose that's a very negative way of thinking, but it's true. The world is a terrible place, and we can't do anything to fix it except by accepting it, and trying to see the sunshine.

So, since I'm a student in psychology and want to help people like Charlie, myself, and of course people in this community, I thought about what I would try to do to help.

But then I realized that getting people with mental problems (eating disorders, depression, anxiety disorders etc.) to simply think of their world in a more positive way, isn't the way to go. We are the ones who are trapped in a box of shadows and demons, and by just looking at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with them, isn't going to help at all.

What we all need to do, is escape. We need to change our entire lives to achieve any happiness.

Just thinking about it is scary, and it feels pointless, and stupid, and hard to do; I also know that the demons will always being chasing. But at the same time, I know that it should be done and that we shouldn't let them win the battle.

And here's the question I came up with to start everyone's journey, "What will make you happy?"

Maybe becoming a baker, or moving to France, or even just buying a dog, or mending things with your mother. Whatever it is, why don't you just do it? Anything's possible, and it's only ourselves who make it impossible.

I don't know if I'm ready to escape yet, but I think I'm going to think about it a bit more.

And if anyone out there is ready, and needs some support, you know my e-mail (tic.tok.thyme@hotmail.com)! Or, if you just need someone to talk to about anything, I'll be there for you too!

So let me know, "what will make you happy?" and why not just go for it?

Love you all ♥♥,

Mint.

1 comment:

  1. you are so super cute.
    that's what i used to do, keep nothing in and buy when i needed, if i needed. i only have dried dates and raisins in, so it isn't like i have a mountain of food, but anything feels too much. just had half the dates for breakfast, will have the other tomorrow and then they are gone.

    no, no painting since jacki's picture, sorry.cant get myself to do anything tht takes any effort apart from walking. :-/

    i love you, let me know how your days goes if you want xxx

    ReplyDelete