Monday, August 29, 2011

Bellissimo.

Here's a little known fact about me, one that seriously puts me into a stereotype all of my own.

I love classical music.
Well, not 'classical' really, just songs where there are no words or I don't understand the words.
Those are the ones that have more meaning in my mind...

And it doesn't have to be 'old' music either. I love Joe Hisaishi, Coeur de Pirate, and songs from movies like Coraline.

Most of the songs are semi-sad I suppose but that's what makes them great. They make you feel. If everything were happy and poppy there'd be no depth in life, no layers; and that's what makes a good song! Being able to snuggle yourself down into the emotions of a song is so comforting...

ANYWAY, I was watching Seinfeld today and it was were they went to go see Pagliacci. It had a clown involved so I thought I'd check it out on youtube hahaha.
Turns out that it's most famous song "Vesti la Giubba" is one that I really like!
I haven't really explored opera that much in the past but I'm quickly becoming obsessed with how passionate it is.

All the emotion... it makes you feel! It makes you alive, and happy. It's inspiring and it engulfs you entirely, transporting you into a different world. One where food doesn't matter.

I've found a way to escape the love and obsession with eating. And I'm happy. :)

Please click the link for Vesti la Giubba! Hopefully it'll enlighten you like it did me! I only wish my Nono where here to sing it to me... ♥
And if you like it, I'll try to add a few of my favourite songs in links with each post!

ciao bellas!

amore, Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment