Sunday, August 4, 2013

"I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together."



I just realized that, soon, I'm going to have to pack up my life once again.

School starts on the 3rd, I just checked.

How early should I be back in Kelowna? A week before school starts? A day?

I'd prefer a day.

Actually, I'd prefer to show up a day late...

But here's my quandary for the moment: I want to take with me to Kelowna as little as possible. I want the least amount of things to my name.

Like Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. All I want to take with me are the essentials. Clothes, toiletries, electronics, teddy bear, journals, special little figurines, alcohol, art.

But then again, that's all I really have here.

And that seems like a lot.

Ahhh, the problem so many of us face. Everything being too much. Even nothing seems to be too much sometimes.

I guess the real task is to get rid of the meaningless space fillers...

And that's the thing too! It's easy to say that I can take some things and leave others, but in reality, my mom is selling her business.

YES B, MY MOM HAS HAD HER BUSINESS UP FOR SALE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, AND SHE'S FINALLY ACCEPTED AN OFFER. SHE'S BUSINESSLESS ON DECEMBER 1ST.

So, when the business is gone, she will be gone as well. She's going to move to Kelowna. Which makes sense but god, it's so unstable. How long will I even be in Kelowna? Will she make me feel bad for "leaving her"? Undoubtably.

Anyway, if she's moving anyway, shouldn't I just go through all of my shit now?

Getting rid of things is easy for me, I never remember anything I get rid of. It's just that whenever my mom makes comments like, "wow, you're getting rid of all of that?" or "what's in there? Let me see what you're getting rid of." it makes me feel guilty.

And it shouldn't make me feel guilty! It's not her things, and in all honesty, it is just things.

I don't throw away special things, I'm not stupid.

Anyway, I guess I just needed to write that out to organize my thoughts, sorry, crap post as usuallll! All of my posts are just streams of consciousness and I apologize for that.

My finals start tomorrow and I haven't one of my courses I haven't even started! BYEEEE! ^.^

- Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment