Thursday, August 8, 2013

The ghosts that we knew made us, black and all blue.

Last night I stayed up until 3 in the morning listening to "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie, and "The Scientist" by Coldplay on repeat.

I didn't study for my bio-psych at all, and I only read 3 out of the 7 chapters I was being tested on.

But in that moment, I really didn't care. Sometimes I need music, you know? If I don't have enough time to sing or listen to my favourite songs it's like a music debt builds up, and eventually I need to just sing for an entire day to catch up. Sometimes two.

So I went to sleep at 3, woke up late at 8, then got ready, and went to write my exam.

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. And again, I don't really care.

After that I went to my mom's office and sat there until it was time to go home. I should've been studying for my adolescence development final that I have tomorrow morning, or my French final that's the day after.

But I don't really care.

With all of the back to school commercial's running, it's hard not to remember the fact that in a few short weeks I will have to make my journey back to hell. For good.

Everything's ending, and everyone's leaving.

Why couldn't I have been raised in a city? Where everyone stays after high school? Or if you're the odd person who wants to move across the country, your friends do too?

Another thing, I think my mind has fallen in love with the French boy. It's hilarious because there's really no reason as to why my head has done this, other than the fact that it likes to daydream a lot and he is currently the main character.

It's even more hilarious that my mind has already become heartbroken because it knows that after Thursday the possibilities of ever seeing him again are in the negative.

This is ridiculous. Why do I build people up in my head? Why do I force attachments that aren't real?

It's stupid and embarrassing, just stop.

- Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment