Thursday, September 15, 2011

Frustrated.

Hi!

So, today was better than yesterday for sure. I actually laughed for the first time in two weeks, and not a fake laugh either :)

I got my pita but it wasn't as good as the feeling I had this morning when I stepped on the scale. Which is probably a good thing because then I'd want more, more, more. Also, I ripped off as much of the pita as I could to reduce calories so it was def. under 240 :)

"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels..."

I've also been surfing the ED web and have come across a few interesting things. Some good, some really annoying. Let's start with the good, shall we?

When you wikipedia "fasting" there's a picture of a girl who has done 3 consecutive 40 day fasts. Here's the before:


... and here's the after:


See what a little control can do? I'm inspired :)
She apparently did it for religious reasons but she lost about 100 pounds! Click here to creep her youtube if you're interested!

Another interesting tid-bit of information on wiki's fasting page is a quote from Buddha:

'I, monks, do not eat a meal in the evening. Not eating a meal in the evening I, monks, am aware of good health and of being without illness and of buoyancy and strength and living in comfort. Come, do you too, monks, not eat a meal in the evening. Not eating a meal in the evening you too, monks, will be aware of good health and..... and living in comfort.'

A.k.a, don't eat and you'll feel good about your choices lol. I don't know, I just liked the fact that Buddha said to put the fork down hahaha

Now on to the thing that pissed me the fuck off! I've been on Pro-ana Angels lately and have been looking at their diets/recipes for any new tips that I might not know about. What I found was kinda horrible. :/

The recipes consist of brownies, breads, and pizzas... and that's not the worst part. Even though they may be "health conscious" they definitely aren't, "ana conscious". They have sugar (ever heard of, splenda?), they have oil (ever heard of non-sweetened apple sauce?), and they have carbs and calories galore!

I'd think a website that's devoted to EDs would have, diluted soups, celery covered in hot sauce, and lettuce wraps, as recipes. So that sort of shocked, and disappointed me.

Their diets? They're okay, they have the basic ones like the ABC, vegan model, and Russian gymnast diet. But they also have: the bread and butter diet (where you eat a piece of bread WITH butter) at every meal, along with other food! There's the chicken soup diet too that includes cereals, milks, cheeses, and even bagels, so again, FULL meals.

Now I'm not saying that the site sucks or anything, but I just thought that it was weird having those particular diets/recipes on a pro-ana site. Or is it just me? :/

If you watch "Thin" those girls have 100-200 calories a day MAX. That what we're all aiming for. Anything over means you're fat and have no control.
I'm fat, I have no control, that's why I need to eat.

If I owned that site I wouldn't even let those thoughts go into my visitors minds. If I want to eat brownies and breads, fine. But I wouldn't recommend it to others as a way to become thin. My site would be bad ass. I'd have the lowest calories for maximum loss. It'd be for the strong willed who want to succeed...

But that's just me I guess...

Sorry for the ranty post! And thanks for the compliments on my poem/the support from all of you! :)

Think thin! xoxo

♥, Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment