Thursday, July 4, 2013

And I am done with my graceless heart, so tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart.

So I have a plan, and it will work because it involves SCIENCE.

My grannie and mother have been following this low-carb, high-fat/high-protein diet and have been seeing results. My grannie especially, who has lost 20 pounds (she's like 5"3, and 76 years old) in a few months by being very strict with the diet.

I didn't really think much of the diet because fat is scary, protein rich foods are disgusting, and carbs are hella confusing (there's carbs in lettuce?). BUT, because I've been being a good little girl and doing my course work, I read in my bio-psych text book that THE BEST DIET IS THE LOW-CARB, HIGH-FAT/HIGH-PROTEIN DIET.

FACT.

It's in a university textbook, with citations and everything. SO YEAH, IMMA TRY THIS SUCKER OUT.

Here's my plan:


  • breakfast: 1 hard-boiled egg with spinach, green onion and hot sauce (80)
  • lunch: egg drop soup (80)
  • dinner: 1 sq. firm tofu, pan-fried with 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup green beans and adding any of the following: mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, 1 chopped up pickle for flavour (140)

With this diet you're supposed to have something crazy like 70-80% fat, 15-20% protein, and 5% carbs. But holy fuck that much fat is scary, like terrifying. Actually planning it out, and consciously knowing that you're putting that much fat in your body, for a diet. No, I can't, that's just too much.

I figure the fat in the eggs (two a day), tofu, and the little bit of oil to cook dinner will be enough.

Also, I'm going to start running again. My one friend can run as much as I can now, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows how weirdly competitive I am... T_T

So that's at least 200 calories burnt per day, and only 100 taken in. ☺

ANDDDD, said friend and I are going to go for a walk and play tennis at least once a week together so that's even more burnt!

I better stick to this. I need to be my normal size for September. It's too important.

♥,

Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment